Friday, July 31, 2009

Sunday at German Fest in Milwaukee

During most of the fest I have been able to post pictures the following day, but the Sunday post has taken a longer than usual time for me to get these out there. Sunday was mostly cultural day for me and I took mostly pictures of the cultural display. There were craftsmen who had interesting demonstrations, the porsche display, train village, and even a Tribant was on display this year. While going through the exhibits I saw this year's German-American Societies queen, Courtney, and her friend Eric (who is a German Fest director), they are pictured to the left.

I was selling CD's for the Widdersteiner (Oberallgau Musikanten) most of the weekend, so I did not get to see everything/everyone that German Fest had to offer. I am especially sad that I did not get a picture of my dear friend Peggy Mueller and her husband Hansi. I have no pictures this year of the Austrian Express or Chikeria. They always seemed to be on stage while I was selling CD's. But there is always next year. Next year will be the 30th anniversary of German Fest and I have high hopes that the entertainment line-up will be spectacular.

The Widdersteiner (Oberallgau Musikanten) were a very fun group and it was nice to get to see and hear them again. They were at German Fest two years ago and again delivered a great show. Many fest visitors really enjoyed their antics on stage and were very supportive of German music by buying CDs. I found out that Seppi Kleber owns a hotel back home and if you are ever in Oberstdorf near the Austrian/German border be sure to stop in the Hotel Traub.

No comments: