Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lake Villa German Music Festival

I was disappointed I was unable to attend Armin Homann's German Music Festival when it was in Milwaukee on June 27, but I was lucky enough to be able to see the show in Lake Villa, Illinois on June 28. I am so glad I was able to see the show, it was fabulous. The entertainers, Veronika Lenz and Heinz Koch, were very talented and soon had the audience singing along with old favorites.

As usual the American Aid Society prepared the food for the event and there were long lines. The grounds were packed and a blaskappele from Germany played on the outside stage. The blaskappele will also be performing on July 4 at Lake Villa.

Veronika Lenz has been the headliner at Disney's Epcot center for many years and is an accomplished yodler. She also did a song for us using the cowbells.



Heinz Koch had a great voice and did several new songs that I really liked. Later when we spoke to him, we found that comes from an area where Elmar's family lives. So the 2 Schwobs hit it off very well, but I got the smooch.






No comments: